| || |
| If you would like to make a gift of any of the following, PLEASE contact us. |
- Volunteer service or pro bono professional help
- Monetary donations, grants, stocks, bonds, wills, etc.
- Summer Day Camp Scholarships
- Food items for our Soup Kitchen, Food Pantry or Kids Café
- Gently Used Clothing for our Open Closet
- NEW Baby/Infant clothes, food, disposable diapers, etc.
- NEW sports equipment, children's athletic shoes, unwrapped Christmas presents for ages 3-18, etc.
Immediate Needs for the 2008:
- $50,000 - Staff Salaries for the Don Bosco Boys & Girls Club/The Salesian Oratory. We are expanding our weekly service - September thru June - from Thursday-Sunday to Wednesday - Sunday. Also, in July-August 2008 we will open a special evening program for Teenagers only, "Teen Summer Nites".
- $10,000 - Food selection enrichment for the Don Bosco Kids Café hot dinner meal program.
- $10,000 - Purchase food items for the Soup Kitchen program.
- $10,000 - Purchase food items for the Food Pantry distribution program.
- $3,500 - Staff and program needs for the Don Bosco Boys Basketball team.
- $7,000 - Staff and program needs for the Don Bosco Boys Indoor Soccer teams, boys and girls.
- $3,500 - Staff and program needs for the Don Bosco Dance Team, boys and girls.
- $3,500 - Staff and program needs for the Don Bosco Arts & Crafts program.
- $5,000 - Underwrite youth field trips to cultural sites, for example, the Radio City Christmas Show, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, etc.
- $65,000 - Replacement and energy conservation upgrade of the 30 year old Heating Boiler-Burner Unit/System of the Don Bosco C.C.
- $35,000 - Don Bosco Gymnasium floor renovation project.
- $25,000 - Don Bosco Junior Center/Game Room, boys and girls ages 8-12, renovation project.
- $19,000 - Home Theater System installation in the Don Bosco Activity Center, seating for 100+.
| ||DONOR OPPORTUNITIES || |
| 80TH ANNIVERSARY GIFTS (DON BOSCO C.C. 1928-2008) |
The DON BOSCO 80th ANNIVERSARY commemoration year will begin January 31, 2008 and end January 31, 2009 - St. John Bosco's feast day. All 80th Anniversary donors will be recognized on a plaque at the entrance of the building.
ANNUAL FALL APPEAL - PLEDGES
You can increase the value of your gift to the DON BOSCO COMMUNITY CENTER by pledging a larger amount to be paid over a period of time, up to five years. For instance, if you intend to give $2,000 each year, you could make a $10,000 pledge to the Annual Appeal to be paid over five years. You would benefit by more significant credit and recognition opportunities such as a named gift. Additionally, DON BOSCO would benefit by using the pledge to meet a matching grant, thereby doubling the amount of the gift.
GIFTS OF CASH/STOCK
Cash: Gifts by cash or check are always welcome; however, before you give a gift of cash, please consider other assets you could contribute which might offer you larger tax savings.
Stocks: One of the most powerful ways to leverage your gift to DON BOSCO is by making a gift of appreciated stock. With a gift of stock that has been owned for more than a year, you can deduct its full fair market value as a charitable contribution, and avoid paying tax on any capital gain.
When you include DON BOSCO in your will, you help provide a legacy for all children and the working poor in Port Chester and the Sound Shore area while saving your heirs estate taxes. You may make a bequest as an outright dollar amount, a described property, or a percentage of your residuary estate. Additionally, contingent bequests can be made to provide first for family or friends and to benefit DON BOSCO only if the named beneficiaries pre-decease the person making the will.
Honorary and memorial gifts are important sources of support for the DON BOSCO COMMUNITY CENTER. These gifts are recognized in the name of the honoree at the appropriate giving level. When more than one gift is made in honor of an individual, the total of all gifts will determine the appropriate level for recognition. At the time of the gift or pledge, a letter is sent to the individual or family of the honoree, notifying them of the donor's generosity.
Rooms or spaces in our building may be named by donors in recognition of gifts to the DON BOSCO FUND. Donors are recognized by a plaque on the wall outside the entrance to the room, or at the entrance to an area. Please contact us for more information.
Contact us - Before you make any provisions for charitable contributions, you should consult your attorney and/or financial advisor.